Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hi world i am wondering about what skin care i can use on a Chinese crested ex. aveno body wash & skin cream?

maybe a mild exfoliate? (hairless i am adopting)Hi world i am wondering about what skin care i can use on a Chinese crested ex. aveno body wash %26amp; skin cream?
Oatmeal based dog products for shampoo are really good for keeping the skin nice and shinny. It is also good for dogs with dry skin.





I'm not sure what the skin type of your dog is..but the groomer say my work all recommend the oatmeal shampoo's.





Also if you don't already know never us human products on your dog. They strip your dogs natural oils and can be toxic in some cases.Hi world i am wondering about what skin care i can use on a Chinese crested ex. aveno body wash %26amp; skin cream?
What you should use depends on your crested's skin.. it may take some trial and error to figure out what works best for his skin.





Since you are adopting.. if the dog is in a foster situation, I suggest you talk to the foster mom and ask what she uses.





In general tho, I suggest a mild, moisturizing dog shampoo to keep the skin clean. I use several products on my Crested, depending on the condition of his skin. Generally just shampoo and lotion after the bath tho..





if he is broken out, I might use a gentle foaming facial cleanser, such as johnson's foaming facial wash.. if he's broken out, but not dry, I will apply a mint julip mask (I avoid masks if the skin is dry tho, as they do dry the skin out more).





If his skin is dry, I will use sugar scrub to exfoliate.. you can make this using sugar and olive oil.. then use something very moisturizing to wash his skin, ussually black soap.





When washing him I also use a loofah or a facial buff pad on his skin to exfoliate as well.





everyone I know has different products they use.. some people use peroxide shampoos that they get from the vet, these should NOT be used at every bath tho, as they are very drying to the skin.





For lotion, use something that doesnt clog pores.. Olay Quench, Curel Ultra Healing and Eucerin are some store brands that I've used on my dog.. my preference tho is for an emu oil lotion that I found on ebay.











A good diet and clean environment also go a long way in keeping the skin in good condition.. if the dog wears clothes, change them often.. keep bedding clean. Feed a high-quality diet that doesnt have corn, by-products, colors, sugar or preservatives in it.
A friend of mine is looking to get one and she went to a dog show to talk to them about what they use on their dogs. One of the woman said basically anything you would use on your face. She uses St Ives apricot scrub on her dog. So probably Aveno would be fine also. You can check with your vet just to make sure but it seems okay. Thanks for adopting!





Ps. Where are you getting your dog? I'm trying to convince my friend to adopt one and not buy but she insists there aren't any for adoption.
none! they have special shampoos meant for dogs with no hair. never use dawn, its for dishes not dogs. and dont use any human products unless its baby shampoo.








btw, i wouldnt listen to anything angela says, no REAL breeder breeds mutts and calls them stupid names.
Hairless Cresteds need extra skin care. I don't have one but the internet is wide open to answer your question. By the way, I think they are awesome looking dogs!
idk


i think that you should use Aveno body wash and cream
The most gentlest thing to use is Dawn Dish Detergent. Its very gentle and wont dry out their skin and it helps to hold down the fleas

No comments:

Post a Comment