Saturday, July 24, 2010

My child is 7 month old,she has dry skin on her back.Can you prescribe suitable body lotion or cream for her?

Avenno works very well and for babies too.My child is 7 month old,she has dry skin on her back.Can you prescribe suitable body lotion or cream for her?
Cetaphil worked really well on my infant's eczema. It's a very gentle lotion (over the counter) that can also be used as a body wash.My child is 7 month old,she has dry skin on her back.Can you prescribe suitable body lotion or cream for her?
Aveeno Baby has Soothing Relief Moisture Cream...it's hypoallergenic %26amp; fragrance free. It protects/soothes for 24 hours too. You might want to give it a try.
Aveeno is suppose to be very good.
Aquaphor is great-it is made by the people who make Eucerin. As someone earlier said, it is pricey, but it has no scent, oily feeling, or anything like that. I use it for myself and my baby!
My son has the same thing dry skin, my pedia said just use any baby lotion would be fine AND dont giver her as many baths The doctor said that causes babies to have dried skin to, so giver her a bath like every other day and I use Johnson and Johnsons the BED TIME lotion, its great! But any lotion for babies are fine...
Aquaphor...my pediatrician recommended it. It's amazing, I've never seen anything better for dry skin.
My son had the same thing and I tried every product on the market. Finally I decided to try something from a wive's tale- olive oil. It did the trick! Sure, he smelled like a salad most of the day but after a couple days the dryness left and has only returned once. When it did I put a dab of olive oil again and it went away the same day. I now use it for my hands sometimes too and their ultra soft!
have you talked to the dr. about it if it is just dry skin try vasiline
You should try Baby Eucerin (it's great for dry skin) I must warn it is a little costly but worth the investment. (you could ask the pediatrician for free samples.
Try some baby oil in the bath or after a bath. It must be her bath soap or laundry soap that is making her back dry. She sounds like her skin is sensitve. If you are not using a baby soap for bath and laundry, maybe that is the problem. If the oil or cream doesn't work, I would try a diaper rash cream and see how that works. The best time to get any cream or oil to penetrate the skin is after the bath when the pores are open. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment